Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bubbles Sweater


I really want to make this sweater. It is sold as a kit from KnitPicks with yarn included at a very reasonable price. The catch is that I want to use my stash yarn, not the KnitPicks yarn, and I want to make it larger than the biggest pattern size (12-24 months). I really just want to get my hands on the pattern and adjust it for my yarn and Mather's size. Unfortunately, they don't seem to sell the pattern separately.

Maybe I should just buy the kit and make a smaller sweater for a different kid in the KnitPicks yarn? Then, with the experience of having made it once, I could then move forward with the adjustments for Mather.

3 comments:

Sonya Philip said...

Only offering kits is a pet peeve of mire. Sneaky Knit Picks. But, here's a pattern that you can buy that will give you the same shape

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/drive-thru

Just don't decrease the sleeves as much and make them shorter. And here is the bubble stitch pattern:

http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/stitches/bubble.htm

elsa said...

i know a smaller baby who would be happy to test out a practice sweater ... :)

joscelyn said...

cute. i love the flared arms. i am working on a vest now. maybe i'll work my way up to a full sweater.